Fish in Curd Sauce Recipe or Doi Maach dish is a Bengali delicacy. A flavorful dish with minimal spices.
I promised my sister few days back that i will post a fish dish which can be prepared in just 30 minute without making her fall beyond the comfort zone.Here I am with this Fish in Curd recipe.
Being born & brought up in a family where the impact of Bengali culture is more .I am very much familiar with this cuisine since my childhood.
Fish in Curd Recipe is super easy to follow . Just marinate the fish for 15 to 20 minute. Slow cook for 15 minutes with all fresh spices. Voila ,your dish is ready .Life is so simple ,isn’t it !
15 minutes marination is needed to prepare this dish. You can extend up to 30 minutes. But don’t marinate it more. Do not marinate for overnight or so. It may result a change in flavour.
Adding small Raisins to this dish is optional. But I love having them . You can skip if you don’t like the taste of Raisins.
Serving Doi Maach
This dish is always served with steamed rice. You may not need any other side dish for a complete meal. Fish and Rice is one of the soulful meal in Odisha and West Bengal.
Serve one slice with gravy with a cup of steamed rice. Mix the gravy with rice and eat. It sounds wonderful, isn’t it !
Sugar is added to balance the sourness of the curd if any .
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 400 gm Rohu Slices
- 1 onion
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 inch Cinamon
- 2 cardamom green
- 5 clove
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsps Raisins
- 1 cups curd
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsps mustard oil
- 2 green chilli
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil , fry garlic,ginger and onion for a minute.Let it cool and make a paste of this.
- Marinate fish with this paste, raisin,turmeric,red chili powder, salt ,curd and 1 tbsp oil for 15 to 30 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan that is used for frying onion and heat it.Add cumin seed and let it sputter. Add cinnamon ,clove ,green cardamom and saute for few second.Reduce the flame to very slow.
- Add marinated fish to it. Cook for 10 minute at medium flame.
- Add silted green chili , 1/2 tsp sugar and mix. Cook for another 2 to 3 minute at slow flame.
- It's ready to be served with some steam rice.
SUPER TASTY FISH FOOD . I LIKE IT SOMUCH
BEST FISH FOOD I LIKE IT SOMUCH . LIKE AND JOIN MY SITE HERE FOR BHOJPURI HD VIDEO SONGS AND ACTIONFULL MOVIE : http://WWW.BIHARWAP.IN