If you visit a temple in south-India on any auspicious day ,you will surely get pongal which is offered to God as Naivedyam. Where venn pongal is savory ,there is a sweet pongal too which is called Chakkara ,where jaggery is added to get the sweetness. Spicy Pongals are popular as a filling breakfast served with sambar or chutney.
Wish you all a blessed Varalakshmi Vratam , it’s a celebration which every woman in house do for the well being of family. Since morning i have been so busy preparing naivedyam (festive food). For this I had to wake up around 5.30 AM which is little early for me 🙂
Goddess Lashmi is worshiped on this day for wealth,health and prosperity. And this festival is mostly celebrated in South-India. I have prepared holige (a sweet stuffed flat bread) ,ven pongal ,Drumstick Kuzhambu and payasam for morning offering. I will make some mango seera too for evening offering .
My happiness was doubled in the morning when I saw the News-paper , i got a mention in today Deccan Herald newspaper, one of the leading English paper in India.
Let’s talk about our dish …ven means white
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup bengal gram
- 1/2 cup red chili roasted
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking spray roasted
- 2 tsps tagliatelle
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 mango ginger
- 2 tbsps sweetener clarified
- to taste chili powder
- coriander seed
- Soak rice ,moong dal separately for 20 minute. Add salt & cook them together till the rice is 90% done.
- In a pan heat ghee , fry cashew nut till they are light brown. take them out.
- To the same pan add chopped ginger and fry for 30 sec. Add green chili ,curry leaves,crushed cumin seed ,crushed pepper .Add cooked rice & dal ,mix well.
- It's ready to serve.
This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it out at home 🙂
Thanks a lot ..