Restaurant style Yellow Dal
There is hardly anyplace in India where people won’t recognize this lentil curry ,Yellow Dal. A staple vegetarian dish in every Indian household, dal chawal have become synonymous with home-made food, relished by the young & old in the same contentment.
This Yellow Dal is divergent from place to place ,because the real flavor lies in the tadka that is put into this after boiling the lentils properly..
And if my lunch plate has rice, alo-bharta and moong-dal ,i happily dance with joy. Before i start my plate ,i add mango pickle to this spread & enjoy that simple soul food.
I am sharing a Dal recipe today which goes well with Rice or Roti . It’s truly flavorsome .
|Prep Time||120 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup orange
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp pulses
- 1 chilies small chopped
- 1 inch ginger thin sliced
- 2 mango ginger
- 1/4 tsp sauce
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cooking fat coarinder
- 1 tsp cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp basil leaves kashmiri red
- 1 tbsp sweetener clarified
- to taste chili powder
- Soak all lentils for 2 hour.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistle at medium flame or boil them in 3 cup water until they are almost done.
- Add turmeric powder,salt ,chopped tomato ,chopped green chili and cook at medium flame for 5 minute.
- In the mean time prepare tadka. In a pan heat clarified butter ,add asafoetida ,cumin seed ,coriander seed ,sliced ginger,dry red chili.
- Switch off the flame and add red chili powder ,immediately add this tadka to cooked dal.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Note : You can add 1 tsp of dry-ginger powder if you wish while adding tomatoes. It brings a distinct flavor to your taste bud.