Try this Super easy Rasabali Recipe at Home. This is one of the delicious Odia Desserts which I can eat anytime.
What is Rasabali
Rasabali is a delicious melt-in mouth dessert from Odisha. It is originated from Kendrapara district.
Easy Rasabali Recipe at Home
The main ingredient of this dish is Milk.You need to curdle milk to prepare Chenna or cottage cheese at home. Store bought Paneer will not work for this dish.
You can use Lemon juice or Fruit Vinegar to curdle milk.Boil the milk at medium flame. When the milk starts boiling , add lemon juice at that point and reduce the flame to the lowest.
It starts curdling which will happen in 10-30 seconds after adding lemon juice. If you can notice the curdling process, you may need to add more lemon juice.
Immediately switch off the flame once the milk is curdled completely .Let it rest for a minute or two .You can see the whey is separated .
Whey is slightly yellowish water. You can discard or use to knead Atta for making Chapati.It can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
Collect the Chenna in a Muslin cloth . Wash it twice under running water and squeeze the water out. This will remove all the sourness in the prepared Chenna. You don’t need that in Rasabali .This is very important step.
The Cheesecake from Odisha , you may like to try making at Home.
I have used whole wheat flour and little semolina with Chenna in making the fritters. You can not replace wheat flour with any other flour.
kneading is very important. Knead with your fingers for 4-5 minutes . You can not use spoon. You have to be a messy chef !
The Rasa is prepared reducing the milk . The consistency is in between Rabdi and Milk. You don’t need a thick consistency at all. So reduce to half. I have used Green cardamom powder for an aromatic flavour.
You can use Rose water though this is not a traditional way .
You may like to check this Odia style steamed Rice Cake Recipe
Delicious Easy Rasabali Recipe
|Prep Time||60 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||90 minutes|
- 3 litres Full Fat Milk
- 2 tb lemon juice Or Vinegar
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp fine semolina
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar +1 tbsp
- Warm 2 litre milk ,once it comes to boiling point add lemon juice little by little. Reduce the flame. One the milk is curdled and switch off the flame.
- You will see in 2 minute the chena being separated from the whey.
- In a white muslin cloth drain the water and hang the chenna for an hour so that the water drains out completely. To get rid of lemon/vinegar smell you can cold bath the tied chenna once or twice before hanging it.
- In the mean time start boiling one litre milk adding sugar to it till it reduced to almost half of the original quantity. Add cardamom powder and mix. Remove from heat.
- Now take the chenna ,semolina ,wheat flour,1 tbsp sugar and knead it smoothly for 3 to 5 minute.
- Now divide into 20 equal sized ball ,
- Flatten each ball on your palm into a circular tikki shape.Make a small hole at the centre with your finger.
- Heat oil and deep fry them. Add fried cottage cheese into thick milk.
- Let it cool completely. Serve them with love .
To Curdle milk you can use Fruit vinegar in place of Lemon juice.
I?ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i?m satisfied to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much no doubt will make sure to do not overlook this site and provides it a glance regularly.
Thanks a lot for dropping by.I am so happy reading your lovely words..