Visit any house in Goa during summer, you will find raw-jack fruit in their kitchen.This Konkani Raw Jackfruit Sukka Recipe is called ‘Kadgi Chakko’.
Konkani love it’s raw, ripened and used it in any way. “Kadgi” what they called it in Konkani.
They make a variety of dishes with coconut-based like Kadgi gashi ,kadgi phodi (fritters).
Raw Jackfruit Sukka Recipe | Kadgi Chakko Recipe
This dish is flavorful. I have used fresh Coriander seed, urad dal, and dry chilis. Dry roasting whole spices is a process where they release flavors and aromas. When you blend them and make a freshly grounded powder, that makes your dish even more flavorful.
The freshly blended spices lift this dish a level up. It is a must in this dish. You may not get the flavor if you using store-bought powder. Spices quickly lose much of their original taste once it is ground.
You won’t be satisfied with one serving, definitely, you will ask more 🙂
Cleaning a Jackfruit for Raw Jackfruit Sukka Recipe
I have learned this from my Mom. She uses Mustard oil to start this process. To make this dish, you should use Coconut Oil instead of Mustard Oil. Rub your hand with a dash of coconut oil before you start cutting the Jackfruit.
Cut the jackfruit and apply coconut oil on the sticky part. You need to remove the outer green skin and discard it. You need to discard the center ridge too.
It is better to place the Jackfruit on top of a Newspaper. In the cleaning process, there may be sticky jackfruit Sap drips. It is also advisable to rub a little oil on the knife. It will be easy to clean that later.
Add chopped raw jackfruit pieces into a bowl of water. This process helps to wash off the excess gum. Also, it will not change its color.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 4 cup Raw Jackfruit
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp Urad Daal
- 5 Dry Red chilis
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1.5 cup coconut Fresh grated
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 2 tsp black mustard seed
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- curry leaves
- salt per taste
- Boil jack-fruit in a cup of water with turmeric powder until they are soft and tender.Don't overcook.
- Cool it and mash each cube with finger or with back side of spoon.
- Dry roast coriander seed, urad daal and dry chilis. Cool it a bit and blend with coconut,tamarind ,jaggery. Make a fine dry paste.
- In a pan heat oil ,add mustard seed and let it sputter.Add curry leaves and the fresh blended masala paste to it.Cook it for 2 minute at medium flame.
- Add jack-fruit, salt and saute it for 5 minute.Cook for 8-10 minute more .Keep stirring while it cook.
- Sprinkle a little water if it sticks to the bottom of pan.Once done ,serve hot.
Perfectly composed written content, Really enjoyed studying.