Turmeric Chili Rice
I am a person who belong to this category.I am brought up in such values by my parents like “Do not waste food, because food is God”.The sight of food-wastage is always more in a buffet party.I am not a rice lover though I am from land of rice . Today there was about two cup left-over rice and I wanted to give a make-over in a different style. The result was Turmeric Chili Rice.Try it and you will never regret!
“Cooking is at once one of the simplest and most gratifying of the arts, but to cook well one must love and respect food.” ~Craig Claiborne~
Thank god that many hotels following Anti-wastage policy these days. In Orissa people add water to the leftover rice and very next day they enjoy “water rice” with some fish fry or anything they like.Very often you come across this sight if you are there in summer days.Even this is one of the dish that is offered to Lord Jagannath in Puri Temple during Summer.It has a cooling effect when taken with curd.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 4 cup bengal gram Cooked
- 2 coriander Raw - thin sliced
- 1/2 cup warm milk Large red cut into thin ring
- 1 Ginger thin sliced
- 8 clove Garlic sliced
- 1/4 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp legume seedless
- 1 tsp mustard seeds Red powder (Rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds Crushed
- 2 tbsps Little-Millet
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 heaped tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- chili powder per taste
- Soak tamarind in vinegar for an hour to get a thick pulp.Heat mustard oil in pan and ginger,garlic slices and saute for 2 min.Add turmeric slices and saute for another 2 min till they are light brown only.Add tamarind pulp ,cumin seed ,sugar and cook it for 2 minute.Add chopped chili, mustard powder ,salt and cook for about 8-10 minute at medium flame till you get a thick gravy consistency .Switch off the flame and let it rest for minimum an hour.Even you can keep this for a day or two at this stage.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in another pan.Add peanut and saute for 2 min.Add cooked rice,turmeric powder and the chili sauce to it and mix well.Cook for 2 to 5 min ,season with salt. It's ready 🙂
- Serve hot.
Slurrrrp! I can eat that rice bowls full! Chili and rice!! Amazing
Thanks sonal for your comment..try it..it’s really diff 🙂