Neem Flower Cutlet Recipe is easy to make at home. With potential health benefits of Neem Flowers, this dish doesn’t taste bitter at all.
one can get fresh flowers in the local market during the blooming season (March-April in India) .Dry them in the sun and store it for rest of the year. Sun-dried flowers can be used to make curries .
Neem Flower Cutlet Recipe
Neem Flowers are edible. It’s also consumed in the raw form.
Rich in vitamins , minerals this is an amazing source of antioxidants.
To make cutlets, you need to chop the flowers roughly or you can break them with your fingers.
Carefully coat cutlets with flowers before placing on Tawa / Grill Pan.you get a nice crispy texture in the result.
You can simply stir fry with vegetables like potatoes , brinjal , pumpkin etc.
Sun dried Neem flowers can also be added to your mix veg to make it even more healthier . In Odisha a dish called ‘Ghanta’ is prepared with seasonal vegetables. It can be added to that dish.
I have used Raw Bananas & Potato to make Cutlets . You can skip Raw banana if you don’t like the taste.
The onions and Green chilies has to be finely chopped. This helps to form perfect shaped cutlets.
Spices in Neem Flower cutlet Recipe
Neem flower has a distinct flavour. It doesn’t taste bitter like Neem leaves. So you don’t need to add so much spices for flavouring the dish.
I have added cumin powder to enhance the flavour a bit. You don’t need the turmeric powder here. Though turmeric powder is an essential part in making most of the Odia dishes.
It’s a must when you make any Fish Curry. Check this Fish Curry in Mustard Sauce.
The tender leaves of Neem can also be eaten. If you are a person who loves bitter gourd ( karela) , then definitely you will enjoy it .
My Mom makes a paste of that and slow cook with other veggies . That results an amazing dish called ‘Patua’. This goes well with hot steamed rice.
I recently came to know many eat uncooked fresh Neem flowers. They mix with the steamed rice and begin their meal with that bite before trying other dishes.
Isn’t it sound super healthy !
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 Cup Neem Flowers Roughly chopped
- 2 Green Banana
- 1 potato
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 onion
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- Boil banana and potato. Remove skin and mash them together to a paste .
- Add cumin powder, finely chopped onion , chopped green chilies and salt to it. Divide the mixture into 7-8 round balls.
- Spread Neem Flowers on a plate and place one ball on top of that. Press a little and make it flat. Coat both side with Neem flowers .
- Heat a tawa and drizzle half of the oil. Place 3-4 cutlets on Tawa.
- Lower the flame and cook both sides until the coated flowers change the colour to light brown. It will take 4-5 minutes to cook both sides.
- Now drizzle more oil and cook 4 more cutlets.
- Serve warm with steamed Rice.