Sharing Kerala Egg Roast Recipe here which is called Nadan Mutta Roast in Kerala.
The majestic high mountains of the western Ghats on East ,the blue Arabian sea on west makes Kerala truly God’s own country ,the beauty is untouched here.Egg Roast prepared in kerala style is to die for.
you may like to check Kerala style Fish Fry Recipe
I have many memories attached to this state during my trips to wayanad, kollam ,varkala etc. The very first time i tried kerala food prepared with coconut oil at that homestay in wayanad . After that i regularly use coconut oil which has similar benefits as in Olive oil. Sadly people in India are more fascinated to Olive oil these days ignoring our own super-oil.
Kerala Egg Roast Recipe
I have used Cold processed Coconut oil for this recipe. This oil adds so much flavours to the dish.
Do you know 91% of the fat in coconut oil is healthy saturated fat .Not only cooking this oil is great for baking too , enhancing your favorite cake or cookies.
Nadan Mutta Roast
Today I am sharing a popular kerala dish “Nadan Mutta Roast” which means Egg roast. It’s a common sight to find kerala people enjoying this dish with appam (fermented rice pancakes) or Malabar Parotta in their breakfast .
Check this odiya style Dalma Spice Powder Recipe
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 4 egg
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 Sprig Curry leaf
- 2 cups Red Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 Dry Red chili
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsps Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- In a pan heat oil ,add fennel and dry red chili. After 30 sec ,add ginger,garlic and fry for a minute till they are slightly brown.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onion and fry for 2 minute till they are light brown at medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes ,salt,turmeric and fry for 2 minute.
- Add coarinder, red chili and cumin powder .Cook for another 2 minute till the masala release oil.
- Add green peas, sugar ,pepper powder and 2 tbsp water. Cook for 2 minute .
- Slices boiled egg into 2 part. Add to masala and mix once.Switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with flat bread or steamed rice.
I’ve recently started a website, the information you provide on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.
I love meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info!