Sharing this easy Sattu ke Paratha Recipe.Two days back I have shared “Baigan ka Chokha” which is served as a dip with Sattu ke Paratha. Though you can prepare some sweet chutney or simply can enjoy paratha with pickle.
Sattu ke Paratha Recipe
Again using the similar kind of stuffing parathas are made and it’s part of regular breakfast in Bihar. Traditional Bihari food is rich, with generous quantities of oil and ghee.Their food choices are very simple and traditional.
What is Sattu
Sattu constitute as a staple food for many Bihari residents. Sattu drink is served as a cooling drink in Summer days which earned fame as a natural protein drink in rural part of India.The same sattu is stuffed into small wheat dumplings and baked on charcoal resulting a popular dish called Litti .
Hope you have checked earlier Breakfast posts that i have been sharing so far as a part of my #BReaKurFastSeries. Here is the collage of those six breakfast from different state of India.
You may like to check Poha Recipe
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsps clarified butter
- 1 cup chana dal flour
- 1 tbsp Carom seed
- 2 green chili
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp mustard oil
- Mix ajwain to wheat flour ,add water and knead a soft dough.
- In a bowl add sattu, chopped onion,chopped green chili ,lemon juice, salt and mustard oil.Th mixture should not be completely dry to be used as a stuffing. So mustard oil is added .If you don't like mustard oil to use ,than you can sprinkle water .
- Divide the dough into 8 equal sized ball. Stuff each ball with generous amount of prepared sattu filling. Seal it with wet fingers.
- Roll each ball into circular flat sheet.
- Heat tawa , put one circular sheet. Cook 30 sec on both side.
- Add ghee and cook both side till they are done.Serve hot.