Sharing Alo Pyaz Kachori Recipe today. An Indian Snack gains its popularity in the street of Rajasthan.
A hot and steamy Alo-Pyaz Kachori on any day can make your taste buds burn by shear hotness oil and the special combination of mint chutney.
Alo Pyaz Kachori Recipe
This is a famous Rajasthani Street Food.
The dough is prepared with all purpose flour. The stuffing is prepared with Alo aka potato , red onion and Indian spices.
Check this spicy Hemp Seed Thecha Recipe
Fennel seeds are must in this. So as the Ajwain . It helps in digestion too. Use Kashmiri red chilli powder which adds a nice colour along with flavour.
Preapare the dough and let it rest for at least 15 minutes. The stuffing has to be completely cool at room temperature before you use. You need a little time in preparation .The rolling of Kachori with a rolling pin is a task if you have never done that before.
I still remember my trip to the pink city of Rajasthan munching hot kachori with kulhad chai on that chilled Morning.
November is just so perfect for all such hot-fried stuff.The crispness in air makes my morning so soothing listening some instrumental , crispy hot kachoris …sipping spiced chai in an earthen cup .
These pretty tiny cups i bought from my last trip to Kolkata..Aren’t they adorable ?
You may like to check this No-Cook spicy Mango Chutney
What to pair with Alo-Pyaz Kachori
Usually two type of chutneys are served with Kachori. Where as many prefer only the spicy green chutney. The other one is sweet date-tamarind chutney. But when there is a cup of tea, you may not need any chutneys in between .
Check this Best Dahi Vada Recipe
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||15 min|
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Boiled Potato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp Carom seed
- 1 tsp Green chili paste
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- cooking oil
- Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil to all purpose flour . Mix well and knead with water to make a dough.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil ,fry chopped onion for a minute. Add crushed coriander seed, crushed fennel seed ,ginger paste and saute for a minute.
- Add mashed potato ,salt,red chili powder ,green chili paste and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.Cool this mixture.Filling is ready.
- Now make 8 equal sized ball out of the dough. stuff with generous amount of filling.Seal the dough with wet fingers. Now roll the dough to a circular disc.Be careful the filling should not come out.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry them at medium to high flame . Flip and fry both side.Serve hot with mint chutney.
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.