Serve this bowl of Savory Millet on your breakfast table or for a Sunday brunch,it will never fail to satisfy your taste bud in any way. Sharing this easy Savory Millet Upma Recipe today.
This Savory Millet Pudding is a one-bowl meal for your Summer lunch, that day when you don’t want much oily stuff in your plate.
I am a breakfast person ,typically a king-size. Sometimes I add only onions and roasted pea-nuts to this Kodo Millet Upma which tastes good too.As Millets are versatile to be used in any form , you can try out different recipes out of them..
I have started a Millet series few days ago. Hope you have checked other recipes too..If not here are the links
Spinach-Foxtail Millet with cheese croquette , Fish-Millet ball in Honey-Mustard Sauce ,Pearl-Millet Cake
Health Benefits of Millet ?
Millet is a very good source of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds that can significantly boost human health in various ways. Celiac sufferers can turn to millet as their source of grains as they are Gluten-free. Millet provides the most energy, as well as the most fat and B-vitamins.
I am happy to collaborate with “EKGAON”, Ekgaon (one village in Hindi) aims to build local community capacity to manage the agriculture value chain and create premium quality artisan food products.
Ekgaon is a leading social enterprise in India that works with a vast range of bio-diverse community-based organic/natural food products using sustainable, equitable and ethical principles.
I have used Ekgaon Kodo Millet to prepare Savory Millet Pudding .Kodo millet also contain high amounts of polyphenols, an antioxidant compound.
- 1 cup kodu millet
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 2 tbsp curry leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 inch ginger
- cashew nut
- salt per taste
- 2 cup water
- Heat 1 tbsp clarified butter and fry kodu millet at low flame for 2 to 3 minute.Take them out in a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp clarified butter. Add mustard seed.Let it sputter. Add curry leaves, thin sliced ginger.Fry for few second.
- Add chopped carrot ,peas and fry for a minute at medium flame.You can add more veggies of your choice if you want .
- Add turmeric powder ,salt and stir once.Add water and let it boil.
- Once it starts boiling ,add fried millet and reduce the flame.Cover and cook till it's done.Check in between.
- When it's almost done ,add fried cashew and mix well.Serve warm.
Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis,
this web site is in fact good and the viewers are actually sharing pleasant thoughts.