Moong Dal Cutlet Recipe
With many other plans ,one thing is that i am going to share few festive delicacies with you all here ,few are savory and few are sweet dishes .To begin with that, today sharing a dish which you can make for your Festive Breakfast, Pitha Sandwich ..
Healthy Sandwich Recipe
Many people prefer a sandwich on their breakfast table or a toast with a cup of tea. Isn’t it?
So i have something which looks as a sandwich but not made with bread. I have made a Pitha-Sandwich which is super healthy ,rich in fiber & protein. You can change the filling of Pitha as you like .Make it spicy ,sweet or something that you prefer to do with a pair of bread slices. Try a spicy potato filling .And If you are looking for a vegan option ,you can probably try some filling with soya paneer.
Do also check some other Festive foods that I have shared before.
|Prep Time||360 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup Moong Green whole
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 cup cottage cheese Paneer
- 1 cup coconut fresh grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- salt per taste
- Soak Whole Moong and Rice separately in water for 5 to 6 hour. Drain water and make fine smooth paste of it using little water. The consistency should be like Dosa batter.
- In summer days you don't need baking-soda for the fermentation. In winter days as the room temperature is low ,it will take time to ferment. so you need to mix baking soda in it. Leave the mixture for 4 hour . In summer hot days it may take only an hour to ferment. So you need to understand the food science behind that 😉
- Now mash the paneer and mix coconut,raisins ,sugar, fennel seed, salt in it. If you can prepare homemade chenna at home that will give you more authenticate touch.
- Grease a iron skillet. Heat the skillet and pour 1/4 cup batter at a time and spread a little at medium flame for a minute.
- Now spread a spoonful of filling on it and pour another 1/4 cup on top of the filling.Spread a little with the back side of spatula.
- Flip the pitha and let the upper part of batter cook at medium flame for another a minute till they are done.
- Once done ,serve warm .See below note for more option of filling.