Fish Tomato Curry Recipe needs just 15 Minutes Cooking time. This Curry will surely satisfy your hunger pangs if you love this aromatic herb Coriander.
Fish is cooked in Tomato paste with other few ingredients which are easily available at home. Pair with Steamed Rice and this will be a comfort food ever !
Fish Tomato Curry Recipe
I have used Coriander in this Recipe which is the essence of the gravy . You can not skip this . This brings an amazing flavour to the dish .
I remember my beautiful trip to Landsdowne in Uttarakhand. The Homestay where I lived for 3 days has the best Himachali guy to prepare my food .
I learned this technique of making a Tomato & fresh Coriander leaves paste from him. He prepared a chicken curry with a similar gravy.
In Indian cuisine Coriander leaves are widely used to garnish the dish at the end .That surely adds antioxidants and vitamin K to your plate.
And the best thing is this Fish Curry makes your life easy . You need not to do a hard job at all. Fry your favourite fish ,make the gravy in one go and add the fried fish. And a delicious lunch will be ready just in 20 minute. So stay in your comfort zone & try this delicious fish tomato curry recipe.
I have used Catla fish where as Rohu ,Bhetki or Mackeral can be used .Choice is yours !
Check this Odia Style Fish Preparation with Mustard Sauce .
Variations to Fish Tomato Curry Recipe
You can also add Fish without frying. Fish needs less time to cook . You can also add fresh medium sized prawns.
Frying Fish is your choice. In Odisha , West Bengal people fry the fish before adding to the gravy. I like both way.
You can increase Green chillies and make it super spicy . I sometime like to do . You can pair steamed rice or zeera rice.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||20 minutes|
- 400 gm Catla Fish Slices
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 onion
- 12 cloves Garlic cloves
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 3 green chili
- 3 tomato
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 4 tbsps black mustard seed
- Wash the fish slices well and mix salt,turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil at high flame.Let the smoke out from the mustard oil ,reduce the flame. Add fish slices and fry them both side.Take them out and keep aside.
- Make a paste of coriander leaves , stems,garlic ,tomato ,green chili ,cumin powder and Kashmiri chili powder.
- To the same pan add chopped onion and fry till they are light brown. Add prepared coriander-spices paste and fry for 2 minute.
- Add 3 cup water and let it boil for 5 minute. Adjust salt. Add fried fish slices and cook for a minute.
- It's ready to be served with rice.
Mouth watering and tempting