This fudgy brownie is extra delicious with the addition of hemp seeds. This is the best chocolate brownie recipe I am sharing today. It’s gooey with perfect cracked top.Start your Christmas season with a warm slice of Hemp heart brownie.
Best Chocolate Brownie Recipe
Hemp is one of the best Superfood in the world. The benefits are many. Hemp seed , hemp hearts and hemp oil are the three things which I have been using since last year.
You need hemp hearts for this recipe . Choose a good unsweetened Cocoa powder and dark cooking Chocolate too.
You may use milk chocolate in place of dark . But always go for a good brand.
I have used Vanilla extract here. Do not replace with essence. You can add orange zest if you wish.
A pinch of salt is must. Once you pour the batter into the tin , sprinkle hemp hearts on top. If you like you may add hemp hearts into the batter.
I have used a mixture of Sorghum flour and unbleached plain flour.You can use only plain flour which will be 90 gm.
What is Hemp Heart
Hemp hearts are the shelled hemp seed interiors. One tablespoon of hemp heart contains around 3gm of protein.
You can eat them raw . Use them in Salad or just sprinkle in your soup.
I have used a generous amount in this best Chocolate Brownie Recipe.
You may like to check Hemp Seed Chutney. It’s Spicy !
What’s the difference between Brownie and Cake
Brownie is fudgy, gooey with a cracked top. The amount flour is less in making a fudgy brownie.Cake has more flour compared to brownie that gives airy texture .
This hemp heart brownie is super chocolaty. It has more chocolate with a little amount of flour.
It is not eggless recipe.Generally the baking soda or baking powder is not used in making Brownies.
Check this Potato Fritters Recipe
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
- 100 gm butter
- 140 gm brown sugar
- 200 gm Chocolate chips Dark or Milk
- 30 gm all purpose flour
- 60 hm sorghum flour
- 1 tsp Vanila extract
- 30 gm Cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp Hemp oil Or Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a double boiler melt butter, chocolate together .Once the chocolate melts completely, switch off the flame. Let it cool down a bit.
- Sift flour, cocoa , salt together.
- In a bowl add eggs, yolk and sugar. Beat it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beat for a minute.
- Add hemp oil and beat once.
- Now fold the dry flour mixture into this.
- Line a 8 or 9 inch square tin with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into it. Sprinkle the hemp seeds on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degree C for 30-35 minutes till you get a nice crack on top.
- Let it cool down for 15 mins in the tin before you serve.
Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes before you start baking the brownie.