It’s World Baking Day , 3rd Sunday of May. How about treating yourself with a healthy bite. Sharing an Eggless Sorghum Cake Recipe aka Jowar Banana Cake with you all.
What is Sorghum
Sorghum is a Millet has been around for centuries.Rich in potassium, Phosphorus this helps to lower cholesterol.
It’s an excellent source of antioxidants and fiber. Good for diabetes people.
Eggless Sorghum Cake Recipe | Jowar Banana Cake
This is an Eggless cake with goodness of Cold processed Coconut oil.You can use Olive oil or any vegetable oil. I love the flavour of Virgin Coconut oil.
Use overripe Bananas for this Jowar Cake.
Overripe Bananas may not impress with the look. The skin darkens with black spots. These are best for baking.
You may like to check this Eggless Banana Ragi Cake Recipe
Banana adds natural sweetness to your cake. So I have used a little palm sugar . You can try coconut sugar or brown sugar.
Banana add the softness and a gooey texture to Jowar Banan Cake.
Wheat flour can be replaced with all purpose flour. I always try to avoid Maida while baking a cake for parents.
I have used Jowar & whole wheat flour in 50:50 ratio .This totally works.
Baking Tips for Jowar Banana Cake
Pre-heating the oven is important. If you are baking in an OTG , you can reduce the baking temperature to 170 degree C.
Preparing the Cake tin is important. Grease the bottom with a little butter and sprinkle a tablespoon flour. Else You can line the bottom with a parchment paper .
Baking time varies from 45 minutes to an hour. It depends on the oven. So do a toothpick test after 45 minutes to check if it’s done. Insert at the centre and the toothpick should come clean.
If not , you need to bake more.
Eggless Sorghum Cake Recipe
Adding Melon seeds is optional. Add one teaspoon of flour to Melon seeds in a bowl. Mix once. Now add this to your cake batter.
Adding seeds in this way will help to spread evenly in the cake. Else it will deposit at the bottom.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||45 Minutes|
|Passive Time||60 Minutes|
7 inch Cake
- 100 gm Sorghum Flour /Jowar Flour
- 100 gm whole wheat flour
- 300 gm Ripe banana Skinless
- 80 gm Palm Sugar
- 150 ml Cold pressed coconut-oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp Melon seeds
- Pre-heat Oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.Prepare a 7 inch cake tin.
- In a bowl beat ripe banan for a minute.
- Add oil and sugar to it and beat for a minute.
- In another bowl shift flours ,baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Fold this into wet mixture in two batch.Add melon seeds and mix once. Fold this into wet mixture in two batch.Add melon seeds and mix once.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the oven at 180 degree C till it's done.
- Let it cool in the tin for 15 minutes.Take Cake out of tin and cool it completely before you slice.