Vegan Spinach Pasta Recipe using Virgin Coconut Oil | 15 minute Recipe
Make this Vegan Spinach Pasta Recipe in just 15 minutes. It is super healthy and comes with the goodness of virgin coconut oil. This is such a comfort food that you will love to make again and again.
That green color is what will tempt others to try. Even kids will love o try. I have added a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds to make it more tempting. Though you can skip adding that. The recipe is quite easy.
Healthy facts about Spinach that goes into Vegan Spinach Pasta Recipe
- plant-based omega-3s and folate, which help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and osteoporosis
- It is a of beta-carotene, lutein, and xanthene, all of which are beneficial for eyesight.
- spinach is rich in Vitamin K.It helps in blood clotting by producing prothrombin that treats hemophilia.
- The amount of protein found in spinach is impressive and it is easily broken down by enzymes into amino acids that are essential to humans. It helps in weight loss
I have used baby leaf spinach here for the dish. As I have used it as Raw in making the sauce. And you will get a nice green color when you mix with creamy coconut milk. I am sure you must have assumed it to be Zucchini Pasta at the first sight. It looks so similar.
I have used Virgin Coconut oil from The Happy Grove They procure the best coconuts in India from plantations , and follow the British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards for hygiene practices. They are particular about producing only the highest quality, cold processed virgin coconut oil.
What Is So Special About their Coconut Oil?
In other words, the most natural, pure virgin coconut oil.
- The Purest,100% Cold Processed
- Fresh coconut milk processed by high-speed centrifugal force
- No heat involved to help retain nutrients and natural goodness
- Retains an authentic coconut aroma
- Superior quality compared to cold pressed virgin coconut oil
Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits
- Improves immunity: VCO consists of 50% Lauric Acid, which is otherwise only found in human breast milk. Lauric Acid boosts immunity
- An instant source of energy: Once consumed, the liver converts VCO into energy instead of storing it in the body
- Increases bone strength: VCO helps in absorbing Vitamin D, calcium and minerals that are necessary for improving bone strength
- Excellent anti-oxidant: VCO is rich in antioxidants that prevent cell damage
- It helps regulate metabolism: The medium chain fatty acids present in VCO help in regulating the metabolism of the body
Let’s make Vegan Spinach Pasta..you can pair a hot coffee or a glass of wine with it. I have added roasted sesame seeds which are optional. It can be replaced with sunflower seeds or pine nuts.