Sharing Fish Cooked with Millet Recipe today. Fish-little Millet balls are served with honey mustard sauce .
What is Little Millet
Little millet is also called as king of cereals because of its rich nutritional and medicinal value. It contains high phosphorous.
It’s complex carbohydrates digest slowly which is good for diabetic people. Compared to polished rice, millets release lesser percentage of glucose and over a longer period of time. This lowers the risk of diabetes.
You may like to try Healthy Millet Cake
Fish Cooked with Millet Recipe
The tiny grains are called Little-Millet known as Samai Rice Sadam. The largest cultivation is in central India which resembles close to regular rice. So it’s very easy to adapt as the texture & taste almost same or you can say better.
I have started this Millets Series from bajra-carrot cake ,if you have not checked it yet ,then do it now. Millet-Carrot cake tastes so yumm. In fact in my family everybody replaced their dinner when I baked it last time.
I am happy to collaborate with “EKGAON”, Ekgaon (one village in Hindi) aims to build local community capacity to manage the agriculture value chain and create premium quality artisan food products.So this pack of Little-Millet I received directly from Farm,so far the best quality I have ever had.
Story Behind Fish Cooked with Millet Recipe
I already mentioned that this Millets are like tiny broken rice ,so can be used to make Dosa, Khichdi ,Idli etc. But I thought of trying something different. My sister is not much fond of fish except prawns ,so I planned to make something delicious using Fish fillet .And she really liked it !!
Here what I made for her today ,fish-millet ball in honey-mustard sauce served with charred peas.
Peas are in season now, so I have used some fresh peas here.Where as you can try frozen too. But fresh peas with the outside skin make the job easy ,you can fry with the skin at high flame for 3 to 4 minute till until lightly charred.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 200 gm Fish Fillet
- 1 cup Little-Millet
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cup water
- Boil 3 cup of water adding crushed garlic clove and salt. Once it starts boiling add fish fillet and slow down the heat.Cook for 4 to 5 minute.
- While the fish cook ,heat 3 cup of water in another pan.Add one cup of rice and cook for 5 minute.The ration of water and rice is 3:1 .Once cooked let it cool a bit.
- Take the fish out and let it cool a bit.Mash it and add to the cooked Millet .Add sesame oil and chopped green spring onions.Add 1 tsp cayenne pepper and salt.Make lemon size balls.
- In a pan make the sauce. Add cream and cook at the lowest flame for a minute. Add mustard sauce ,1 tsp cayenne pepper ,garlic powder and honey.Switch off the heat.
- In a steamer steam the prepared fish balls for 2 minute.Serve with prepared sauce. I have used some charred peas to garnish my plate.