You heard it right. These are Fluffy Pancakes with Egg. Soft with golden edge that shines on your breakfast table. Sharing Best Buttermilk Pancake Recipe today.
What is Pancake
Pancake are one of the popular Breakfast which is an ancient food .It is believed that it started in the Stone Age. In ancient Greece these were made from wheat flour, curdled milk , olive oil. A dollop of honey on top to add the glaze!
Prepared with a batter which has flour , egg , milk & oil as basic ingredients. It can be fluffy or thin .
Have you heard about a group of people running on the street while tossing pancakes. Well that’s a ritual part of Shrive Tuesday celebration in UK.
Best Buttermilk Pancake Recipe | Fluffy Pancakes with Egg
With arrival of Summer ,the market looks colorful to me with varieties of Stone-fruits lying around. Red always stands out among them. While strolling in the evening market yesterday, a box of fresh cherries was the first pick.
With no delay I devoured a few there itself, it was so fresh,juicy! I prepared a compote and served with these buttermilk pancakes. You can try with other seasonal fruits . You can serve with ripe banana slices.
Pancake is an easy breakfast to prepare at home. And to make fluffy pancakes with eggs ,add Soured Milk. Its is also called acidified milk where I have used white vinegar to make it.
You may like to check Mango Chia Smoothie Recipe , a No Cook Dish
The selection of flour depends on you. The common practice is choosing All purpose flour or wheat flour. You can mix them in 50:50 ratio too.
If you are a person who care really about eating healthy , then you can include millet flours. You can combine Ragi flour & wheat flour in 40:60 ratio. Ragi is Finger Millet.
Sugar can be replaced with jaggery or honey. You can use butter or olive oil .
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking salt
- Add vinegar in the milk and let it stand for 10 minute.Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Now after 10 minute over add egg ,vanilla extract and melted butter to the milk-vinegar mixture and whisk it for 5 sec.
- Mix wet and dry mixture well. Don't over-mix , just be careful that there should be no lump !!
- Grease a griddle or nonstick pan with cooking spray or a little vegetable oil.Heat pan on medium flame. Pour batter to form pancakes of whatever size you like. Cook first side until bubbles form on top, about three minutes.Flip to the other side and cook till u get a nice light brown color, about two minute.
- Serve immediately with butter and honey or any fresh-fruit compote.I served with cherry compote.