The creation story of Manda involves a little more steps.Stuffed Rice Dumpling Recipe is easy for those who cherish healthy delicious traditional food. Preparation of Odia Chhena Manda pitha needs no oil at all.
I have used the soft MilkyMoo Paneer which Best Paneer in Odisha.
Food Story about Odia Chhena Manda Pitha
Manda Pitha comes to eminence during the Montha of ‘Margasira’ . They prepare a variety where the stuffing is prepared with ten ingredients. It is mostly part of the ritual for those who observe the ‘Manabasa Gurubar’ every Thursday.
The tale preserves a folk memory of a time , when untouchables were not allowed to pray. And goddess Laxmi ended the practice of untouchability.
Odia Style Chhena Manda Pitha | Stuffed Rice Dumpling Recipe
I am celebrating my love for Heritage Cooking this month. Hope you have checked the other two recipes.
Odia style Khira Sagara Recipe
The first step is to prepare the dough with the fine rice flour. One can always make the rice flour from scratch. That involves soaking for an hour , drying and grinding.
You can go for the store bought. That needs almost double water to form a dough.
You need to boil the water . Add the rice flour little by little and keep stirring.
Cover and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Knead the dough to make a smooth dough.
Chhena Manda Pitha Stuffing
I have prepared the stuffing using Milk Mantra Paneer , Coconut , Jaggery, Cardamom Powder.
If you are in Odisha , Kolkata then don’t think twice . Download the #DailyMoo App to get the Paneer delivered at your doorstep. Isn’t that makes your life so easy ! You save a lot of time .
They are also available at supermarket across Odisha and Kolkata.It’s the Best Paneer in Odisha.
Paneer is the set cottage Cheese.
Crumble the Paneer to make the stuffing. Add coconut and jaggery in a pan .Cook for 2-3 minutes . Switch off the flame and let it cool before you add the crumbled Paneer. Trust me the stuffed rice dumpling recipe is easy . Anyone can do it.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cup rice flour
- 400 gm Milky Moo Paneer
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp green-cardamom powder
- 4 cup water
- 1 Pandan Leaf Optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 4 cup of water,add 2 tbsp of rice flour into it. Give it a mix , add a pinch of salt and start boiling at medium flame .
- Once the water comes to a boil , reduce the flame and start adding rice flour little by little. Stir continuously. Once you add all the rice flour, switch off the flame and cover with a lid. Let it rest for 15 mins.
- In a pan add coconut, jaggery and cook at medium flame for 2 minutes. Add cardamom powder and cook for a minute and switch off the flame. Let it cool .
- Crumble the Paneer, mix with the coconut jaggery mixture.
- Knead the rice dough for a smooth dough. Make 12-15 numbers equal size balls .
- Stuff each ball with Paneer mixture. Grease you finger with water and seal it properly .
- Steam for 7-8 minutes in a steamer. Keep a Pandan leaf in the steamer when you steam. You will love the added aroma. It’s optional.