Rasagolla ,Queen of Desserts
Rasagolla ,the cheese ball is Queen of Desserts .
It is one of the traditional Desserts of Odisha ,the world famous “Rasagolla”. A soft melt in mouth cheese ball cooked in sugar syrup.
The festive season brings a spirit of celebrating life .After the two day celebration of Holi ,it’s time for dyeing Easter eggs.Easter is the time when nature begins to awaken .Summer breeze starts it’s effect on our body .
It’s difficult to get out in the sun these days ,making me to wait eagerly for the evening air to arrive .
But Dessert has no Season. One can’t hesitate to have this soft soaked cheese ball whatever may be the temperature.
|Prep Time||60 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 pistachio Full tone ltr
- 3 tbs rose water
- 2 cup salt
- 3.5 cup milk
- 4 to 5 orange juice cube
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Heat the milk .Add lemon juice to boiling milk and leave for 2 minute without stirring.The milk will start curdling .Switch off the flame ,add ice cubes to it.
- Once cooled ,drain the water and collect the cottage cheese (chenna ) in a cheese cloth .Wash it well with running water for 2 to 3 times.
- Squeeze excess water and tie the cheese cloth and hang for 45 minute to 1 hour.
- knead the dry cheese for at least 10 minute until you get a very soft dough.
- Make small balls out of that (around 20 lemon sized ball ).
- Dry Cottage-cheese
- Cooking Cheese balls in boiling sugar syrup
- Take a pressure cooker and heat water with sugar , wait till it comes to boiling point. Add cardamom powder.Then add slowly the cheese balls to this and pressure cook to one whistle at medium flame.
- Cool it and serve. In Odisha people enjoy hot Rasagolla too.You can give a try .
- OR you can cook the cheese balls in the boiling sugar syrup in a vessel until the balls
- get almost doubled the size.