These Gluten-free Sorghum Crackers are one of those good food that creates good memories.
These Sorghum Crackers are vegan too.So much goodness in each crunchy bite.
Gluten Free Sorghum Crackers
Make a pretty good amount as these can be stored for few days at room-temperature.I have added dried Rosemary to it .This fragrant evergreen herb enhances the flavor giving a healthy twist.
I love experimenting with different herbs. It’s another satisfying way of exploring flavor.
I have also added Carom seeds ( Ajwain) . Those who loves Indian flavours will surely enjoy this flavoured crackers.
I always enjoy baking post lunch with a cup of tea.
Baking these Crackers is not a difficult task at all.You can follow this fail-proof recipe that I am going to share today .
Do not forget to pre-heat your Oven or OTG for 10 minutes.The baking time is 25-30 minutes which depends on your Oven.
These Gluten-free Sorghum Crackers are vegan too with goodness of Sorghum.
They are right choice for diabetic people .I have used sesame oil which can be replaced with other edible oil.
What is Sorghum
It is a cereal which is a versatile grain . Not only Crackers , they are used to make Beers and Biofuels too.
Rich in Iron & Phosphorus, this cereal is a good source of copper , magnesium , calcium etc.
The antioxidants helps lowering the risk of heart disease. It also improves digestive health.
Bake these crispy crackers and enjoy a cup of Masala-chai with it.It can be a good tea time snack . You can store in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or so !
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tbsp dry rosemary
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Carom seed ajwain
- 1.5 tsp besan
- 3/4 cup water
- In a bowl mix Sorghum flour ,salt,baking soda.Warm the oil and add to this flour. Mix with finger tips to get a crumble texture.
- Mix crushed rosemary ,carom seeds to it.
- Boil the water. when it starts boiling ,add this to flour .Use a spatula or spoon to mix the flour. you may need a little more water depending on the quality of flour.
- As there is no gluten ,you can not knead the flour.you need to combine to make a dough.cling wrap the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Take a plastic sheet .take 1/4th portion of dough and form a round ball.place it on plastic sheet.press a little and place another cling wrap on top of it.The ball is in-between two plastic sheet.
- Using a rolling pin roll the ball into 1/2 inch thickness sheet.use a cookie cutter or knife to cut into shapes.
- Line the tray with parchment paper and place these on top of it. Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are done.
- Once done let them cool on the tray completely.Once they are cooled ,they will be crispy.