Hello, September.The convivial fragrance of Durga Puja fills the air.The most awaited festival for a Bengali.Sharing a Bengali Mangsher Ghuguni Recipe today.
I can never overcome the nostalgia for my days spent in the city of joy, Kolkata during Puja last year. This Kolkata Style Keema Guguni has all that charm to revive that.
Bengali Mangsher Ghuguni Recipe
Bengali Style Keema Ghuguni is something that suits your mood on a cloudy weather.
Something which you can enjoy as a snack or as a side-dish to go with some Roti or Rice. It will satisfy you in every way.
Dried white peas and Minced mutton are the two main ingredients. You need to soak the peas (matar ) in water for 3-4 hours before boiling. Use a pressure cooker to boil the peas. That will be faster.
I have used a coarse paste of Ginger , Garlic and onion. That adds so much flavours to this Bengali Mangsher Ghuguni Recipe.
Twist to Bengali Mangsher Ghuguni Recipe | Minced Mutton with White peas Curry
Bhut Jolokia adds that extra zing to this dish. You must be knowing that I have collaborated with Spring a few months back. This time I am working with their Bhut Jolokia Hot Sauce. This pungent sauce has a perfect smoky smoothness.
Bhut Jolokia or Ghost pepper is a chili pepper that grows in the northeastern region of India.Sprig Bhut Jolokia hot sauce is balanced well with vinegar, salt, sugar and other spices and condiments. This brings down the level of hotness of the Bhut Jolokia chili to 75000 Scoville units. It lends heat to your food without compromising on the flavor that makes you sit up and take notice.
I have shared Ghuguni(without keema) post before which is relished as a street-food in Odisha.It is called Matar Chaat.
I have used minced mutton here.You can replace with minced Chicken Keema.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 cup boiled white peas
- 200 gm Mutton Keema
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic clove
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp Sprig bhut jalokia sauce
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Make a coarse paste of garlic, ginger and onion together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon and cardamom to it. Add the above masala paste and fry at medium flame for 2 minute.
- Add minced chicken and turmeric powder to it. Mix well and keep stirring for 2 to 3 minute at high flame.
- Reduce the heat and add boiled peas. Add Bhut jalokia sauce ,salt and mix well.
- Add cumin powder to it. Add little water and cook for 5 to 7 minute at medium flame. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.