I simply can’t ignore my family’s predilection for banana-cake. This Eggless Banana Millet Cake Recipe is a Saviour .
To make it more healthier ,I added jowar flour to it. A fresh baked cake straight from the oven will surely cool your heart this Summer. It can fix anything!
Baking is a skill that must be honed ! You must understand the science behind it.I love experimenting with different flours & oils.
Eggless Banana Millet Cake Recipe
If you want to use millet flour ,you should know the fact that it is gluten free .So always use it with wheat flour or all purpose flour in 50:50 ratio.
It is the elastic nature of gluten which allows to rise and to expand in the oven.You might have seen gluten is added while baking some healthy breads. A multi grain bread for example.
I am sharing a banana millet cake which is egg-less & a vegan treat to all. I have used cold-pressed coconut oil which gives it a distinct taste. you may replace it with olive oil or canola oil.
I have added Sunflower seeds which is optional. You can add any nuts of your choice or Raisins .
A warm slice makes a perfect companion to your Morning or afternoon Tea Cup. Yes , you can count this Eggless Jowar Cake to a Tea-Cake .
You must check this Moroccan Orange Cake Recipe here. It’s another Tea time delight .
Let’s talk about Millet Jowar
Jowar is the Indian name for sorghum which has been known to man since 3000 BC. It is an integral part of Indian meals which is gaining importance for its nutritional and health benefits..
Jolada rotti ,a staple food of North- Karnataka that I love to pair with spicy chettinad chicken. This millet is an excellent source of fiber ,minerals that makes it a weight-loss food.
In addition to the antioxidant, the presence of sorghum wax contributes to the cardiac benefit that this millet provides.
This Eggless Banana Millet Cake is addictive ,super moist.
At the same time it’s filling too .A healthy breakfast option for your kidsAnd who doesn’t love a warm slice of banana cake with a cup of morning tea !
Bake this Eggless Jowar Cake for your family today as Life is better with fresh baked Cakes …
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
7 inch cake
- 100 gm whole wheat flour
- 100 gm Jowar Flour Sorghum Flour
- 300 gm Ripe banana skinless
- 80 gm brown sugar or palm sugar
- 150 ml coconut oil Or Olive Or Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat Oven at 180 C/ 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a 7 inch Cake tin by lightly greasing the inside side of the tin with butter . Then dust with a tablespoon of flour. It should coat evenly the bottom. Tap out excess flour.
- In a bowl mash all Banana. Over Ripen bananas are good . You can use a beater to beat for two minutes.
- Mix oil and Sugar and beat for 30 sec. You can add vanilla essence if you like. Use 1 tsp.
- Now prepare the dry mixture. Sift flour , baking powder , baking soda and salt together.
- Now time for Fold & Cut method. Add dry to wet in 3 steps. Cake batter is ready.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until it’s done . After 30 minutes do toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the center of your cake . If there is wet batter stick to it , it needs more time.
- Once it is done , let it rest inside the tin for 15-20 minutes. Take it out and cool it at room temperature. Enjoy 😊
Some ovens run hotter compared to others. Get to know your own oven and adjust the cooking time accordingly.