This Besan ke Ladoo Recipe gives you a plateful of Deliciousness in just 20 minutes.
The name “Ladoo” always brings a reflection of round object in mind. And there are countless varieties falling in this group , motichoor,coconut ,besan … Of course, the list does not end here.
Besan ke Ladoo Recipe
Besan has high soluble fiber content , lesser calories than whole wheat flour & rich in various nutrients including. zinc, magnesium copper, calcium and manganese etc.
So this ladoo is a good energy booster to satisfy your hunger between meals.
The gram-flour is called as besan . All of us must have the pleasure of tasting different delicious dishes prepared with it .It is a familiar face at any Indian kitchen shelf.
Tricks and Tips for Besan ke Ladoo Recipe
Toasting the Gram flour at slow temperature is very important. It takes time with loads of patience.
High flame result to burning the flour. So don’t loose your patience and increase the flame.
You will get an aromatic nutty flavour when it’s done. It will change it colour for sure but not completely brown!
Do not met Ghee before adding to Besan. In Summer the Ghee must be in semi liquid state which is fine. Try to use Cow Ghee for better taste.
The temperature of the Ghee should match to your room temperature.
Adding green cardamom powder is optional. But it adds flavour. In most of the Indian Desserts we add Green Cardamom.
Forming Ladoos requires a little skill . You should start forming when the mixture is still warm. I mean a level up than warm.when you can handle it with your palms.
Sorry there is no other way to form Ladoos , you have to use your Palms. The size of your Ladoo depends on your mood 🙂 You may form lemon size or double of that. It will never effect the taste at all.
If you are not able to form ladoos if the mixture is dry, then add 1 or 2 tbsp of melted hot ghee to the mixture and mix.
You may like to check this Rice Pudding Recipe
These Ladoos can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a week.I doubt it will last that long if you have sweet tooth like me 🙂
Happy Cooking .Hope you will enjoy this Besan Ladoo Recipe.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- Heat a pan and add gram flour. Keep on stirring at slow flame for 10 to 12 minute until they are roast and change color. Be careful ,it should not be burn. So it's very important that you should not stop stirring in between.
- Now add cow-ghee (clarified butter) and keep stirring for another 4 to 5 minute.Switch off the flame.
- Immediately transfer to a plate. Mix cardamom powder and let it cool a bit.
- Add sugar powder when it's still hot.
- Mix them well. When it’s still warm , take small portion. Roll small Ladoos in between palms.
- Cool and Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.