Punjabi kale Chole
If you are in Punjab ,you will find hardly any restaurant who doesn’t serve Chole. And the combination of Chole bhature is quite a popular dish in North-India. During my stay in Delhi , I used to enjoy a lot this dish at Haldiram restaurant. They serve this dish with pickled chili & a piece of spicy paneer on top.
Today sharing kale chole recipe which can be prepared on a festive season when people opt to eat food without Onion-garlic. And it’s really chatpata in taste tingling your taste bud.
Add some chopped onions and enjoy as a Chaat..
Boiling with tea-bag changes the color of peas to black.And i have used Iron kadhai to cook this which turned them even more black..
|Prep Time||180 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup seed
- 1 sugar
- 2 tbsps Mustard powder
- 1 bag tea bag
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsps cooking fat coarinder
- 1 tbsp cooking spray
- 1 tsp tagliatelle
- 4 egg dry kashmiri
- 4 caster sugar
- 2 cardamom green
- 1/2 inch Cinamon
- 2 tbsps vinegar dry
- 1 tsp chili powder black
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 2 tbsps jeera chopped
- 2 tbsps sweetener clarified
- to taste chili powder
- Soak chickpeas for 3 hour .Boil them with black tea bag and potato till they are done or pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle.Discard the tea bag .
- Except bay leaf and ginger ,dry roast the other dry whole spices. Make a powder of it.
- In a pan heat ghee ,add bay leaf.Add chopped ginger and fry for a minute.
- Reduce the flame, add the spice powder to it. Stir once and add boiled chickpeas.
- Mash the potato & add this to chickpeas. Add dry mango powder,black salt,salt and cook for 2 minute.
- Add lemon juice and switch of the flame.It's ready to be serve.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves . Serve with Poori or Paratha.
Very nice dish . I even add roasted cumin powder at the end of the dish. Beautiful post ??